XIDIAN University has 59 undergraduate programs with a four-year length of study.4 majors are available in English: Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Electronic Information Engineering and Business Administration. Please refer to attachment 1 for the professional catalogue.
For postgraduate degree programs and details please refer to: 2021 Xidian University(XDU) Postgraduate Program Admission Guide for International Students
1.Applicants should be non-Chinese nationals. For those who were Chinese citizens before becoming foreign nationals, the document No.12  issued by the Ministry of Education will be followed.
2.Applicants shall abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as the rules and regulations of Xidian University; and shall honor the social morality and customs in China.
3.Aged 18 or older, high school graduates
4.Language ability ; Applicants for majors taught in Chinese must reach HSK 4. Those who fail to meet the requirements can first apply for the Chinese learning program and reach the standard. For native Chinese speaker and students who are taught in Chinese at undergraduate level will be exempted from HSK scores if confirmed by our school.
Candidates who apply to be taught in English shall have attained generally-accepted international English proficiency level of IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 or the equivalent level of English required by his/her own country; If the undergraduate program is taught in English, the "Certificate of Teaching in English for the Undergraduate Program" (attachment 2) issued by the school of the previous program can be submitted in place of IELTS and TOEFL scores.
Applicants should be in login before April 30, 2021 "international student application system" (http://xdgjxs.xidian.edu.cn/internationalEducationStudent/2021/5) for registration application and upload the application materials, finish the online application process.
- Original scanned copy of the highest degree certificate. Scanned copies of notarized copies in Chinese or English must be attached to any text other than Chinese or English; Fresh graduates should be issued by their school "Pre-graduation Certificate" (Attachment 3),after being admitted, they must submit the original scanned copy of the highest diploma.
- Original scanned copy of all course transcripts at the highest level. Scanned copies of notarized copies in Chinese or English must be attached to any text other than Chinese or English; Recent graduates can provide existing transcripts and return all transcripts upon admission.
- Copy of valid passport (valid in two years or longer).
- Chinese or English proficiency certificate.
- Study and research plan in China. Write at least 800 words in Chinese or English.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Letter of Acceptance from International Student Supervisor of Xidian University (Attachment 4). It is recommended to contact supervisor in advance and upload them to the application system. Please refer to Attachment 5for the information of supervisor for international students.
- Applicants who are already in China should submit scanned copies of the visa page and residence permit page of their passport, as well as a certificate of school performance issued by their current school.
- Physical Examination Records for Foreigners (Attachment 6).Valid for six months from the date of issue.
- Non-criminal record certificate. If the certificate is in language other than Chinese, a notarized Chinese or English translation is also required. The content of the certificate shall indicate the validity period; and if there is no validity period, the certificate shall be valid within six months since the date of issue.
- Applicants for self-funded projects must provide the Letter of Economic Guarantee (Attachment 7)
- Other supporting materials, such as award certificates, paper publication certificates, etc.
- Bank receipt of application fee payment (RMB 600 yuan), please check payment information at (http://sie.xidian.edu.cn/info/1075/2131.htm).
1.All the original materials provided by the applicant shall be scanned and uploaded with a color scanner. Photos taken by mobile phones or cameras are not acceptable. Copies are not acceptable.
2.Incomplete application materials will not be accepted.
3.Applicants must ensure that the application contents and the attached materials are true and valid. Those who are dishonest will be permanently disqualified from applying for the university.
Review and Admission
1.Xidian University selects international students through the "application-examination system" First of all, the International Student Admission Office will review the application materials according to the applicant's qualification. The application materials that meet the admission requirements will be reviewed by the expert group of the School Professional Studies and a second interview will be organized. The form and time of the second interview will be determined by the School of Professional Studies. After the second interview is completed, the final admission list is determined.
2.Applicants can check their application status at any time through the International Student Application System. Xidian University will send the hard copy of the Admission Notice and the original copy of the Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China to the address provided by the applicant in the system.
Applicants must provide detailed mailing information in the system, including room number, street number, area name, province or city name, postal code and the recipient's mobile phone number. If admitted, we will mail the admission materials according to the information provided. We will not confirm with the applicant.
Xidian University provides the following scholarships for outstanding international graduate students:
Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship usually covers tuition, living expenses, accommodation and medical insurance, and students are subject to strict annual review after receiving the scholarship. Applicants can apply for Chinese Government Scholarship through either Type A or Type B, but not through the two channels.
1.Type A- Country Bilateral Programs
Application majors: All majors in our school can apply. Please see the attachment for the list of majors.
Application process: Please apply to the sending department or the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General) of your country. Please check the contact information of Chinese embassies and consulates abroad through the website of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The application period is usually from November to April of the following year. Applicants can contact our school first, inform the scholarship application, and in the "international student application system" on the application, we will provide qualified applicant to issue the admission notice in advance, the applicant must confirm received our early after admission, apply to the embassies and log in "national study foundation to study abroad in China online registration system" (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) to complete the online application process, scholarship application, type "study abroad program. The "institution number" can be consulted and obtained from the dispatching department of foreign students.
2.Type B- Chinese University Program、Silk Road Program、China-Africa Friendship Program
Application majors: Information and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Electronic and Communication Engineering.
Application process: Applicants apply directly to Xidian University. Applicants are required to login "national study foundation to study abroad in China online registration system" (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) to complete the scholarship online application process, application, "study abroad project type" please select a category B, the accepting institution code, please fill in 10701.After completing the application, please download the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form and upload it together with other application materials to the "International Student Application System".
Xidian Huanshan Scholarship
First-class scholarship: including tuition and living expenses (Master 1,700RMB/ person/month, Doctor 2,200 RMB/ person/month)
Second-class scholarship: includes tuition fees
Third-class scholarship: includes 50% of tuition fee
Winners of Huashan Scholarship are required to participate in the annual evaluation, and only after passing the evaluation can they continue to enjoy the scholarship. Applicants should fill out the "Application Form for Huashan Scholarship" (attachment 8)and upload it together with other application materials to the "International Student Application System" of Xidian University.
Visa application and enrollment
1.Students should hold ordinary passport, admission notice, the visa application form for study in the foreigners physical check form and all original physical examination report and other related materials to the Chinese embassy in its consular visa application submitted X1 (visa materials specific requirements will be subject to the Chinese embassies and consulates provide a list of visa), and with the original material, as stipulated in the notice on time to Xidian University.
2.The autumn registration time of Xidian University is usually in early September. New students are required to bring the original copies of all application materials for the university to review their admission qualification.
- Application fee: RMB 600.
- Tuition fee (RMB per student per year)
Doctoral Degree Program 33,000RMB
Master’s Degree Program 22,000RMB
- Medical insurance: RMB 800 per person per year
- Accommodation fee: RMB5,000 ~ RMB15,000 / person/year. Due to the limited accommodation resources on campus, accommodation application will be made on a first-come-first-served basis. Students who have not successfully booked on-campus accommodation are required to contact off-campus accommodation.
Address: Room 306, Office Building, No. 266, Xinglong Section, Xifeng Road, Xi 'an, Shaanxi
Zip code: 710126
Telephone: + 86-29-81891161
Email address: email@example.com
For more information, please pay attention to the official account of "School of International Education "