SWUFE 2021 Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program
- Types of Chinese University Programs：
- The UniversityPostgraduate Program
- The “Silk Road” Program
- China-Africa Friendship Program
1. The University Postgraduate Program
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up this scholarship program to sponsor outstanding international students to pursue graduate study in China.
Please checkout SWUFE Hot online program going on at Study at SWUFE| Admission Info of ONLINE CHINESE LANGUAGE Program
2. The “Silk Road” Program
In order to deepen the education cooperation with the “Belt and Road” countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up this scholarship program for recruiting outstanding students from the “Belt and Road” countries to pursue graduate study in China.
3. China-Africa Friendship Program
In order to deepen the education cooperation with African countries and to further boost cultural exchange and people-to-people bond, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up this scholarship program for certain designated Chinese high-level universities to recruit outstanding students from African countries to pursue study in China.
Ⅱ. Application Period
January 25th, 2021 ~ April 11th, 2021 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport in accordance with the Nationality Law of The People’s Republic of China, and meet the requirements set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of The PRC and other relevant regulations; be in good health and get good grades.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of Chinese government and local government as well as regulations of SWUFE.
3. Applicants’ education background should meet one of the conditions as below:
(1) High school students (applying for bachelor’s degree program), undergraduates (applying for a master’s degree program) or postgraduates (applying for doctoral degree program) who will graduate in current year must obtain a national recognized corresponding diploma before enrolling in the year of admission, otherwise the admission qualification will be invalid.
(2) Applicants have had a national recognized high school diploma (applying for bachelor’s degree program), bachelor’s degree (applying for master’s degree program) or master’s degree (applying for doctoral degree program).
4. Age limit
(1) Applying for bachelor’s degree program: 18-25 years old
(2) Applying for master’s degree program: 18-35 years old
(3) Applying for doctoral degree program: 18-40 years old
Applicants should meet the age limit by September 1st, 2021.
5. Requirements of language proficiency
(1) Chinese-taught program
A. Applicants who passed HSK Level 4 (applying for bachelor’s degree program) or HSK Level 5 (applying for master’s or doctoral degree program) with each subject scored over 60 points.
B. Applicants who passed HSK Level 3 (applying for bachelor’s degree program) or HSK Level 4 (applying for a master’s or doctoral degree program) with each subject scored over 60 points can apply the degree program with one-year Chinese language preparatory study. Before the end of the preparatory study, students shall pass HSK Level 4 (applying for bachelor’s degree program) or HSK Level 5 (applying for master’s or doctoral degree program) with each subject scored over 60 points. If not, scholarship will be paused or terminated.
(2) English-taught program
A. Applicants whose native language is English, or can provide proof of studying at in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is English, do not need to provide language certificate.
B. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide score report of an English language test (IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 95 and above).
6. Applicants are not offered with any other scholarships for the program study at SWUFE.
7. Applicants shall apply for scholarship at SWUFE directly and independently.
Ⅳ. Academic Programs and Language of Instruction
Ⅴ. Duration of Scholarship
Chinese Language Study
The specific duration will be stated in the Admission Notice.
Ⅵ. Scholarship Coverage
(3) Living allowance;
(4) Comprehensive medical insurance.
For more details, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC)
Ⅶ. Application Procedures
All applicants should apply online, confirm the application information, and pay the application fee.
1. Apply online
(1) Submit an online application at Chinese Government Scholarship System
Visit http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register, fill in the application information, upload all required documents and submit the application online (SWUFE’s Agency Number is 10651).
(2) Submit an online application at SWUFE International Students Service System
(3) Applicants shall guarantee the application information and documents are correct, valid and authentic. Any invalid or inauthentic documents/information will disqualify the application.
2. Application Fee
(1) Application fee is 600 RMB. You may pay by bank cards with UnionPay logo, or pay online. Please follow the instruction at SWUFE International Students Service System for online payment. SWUFE does not accept traveler’s check or other payment methods.
(2) The Application without application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refunded under any circumstance.
Ⅷ. Supporting Documents
1. Uploaded Documents
Applicants should submit online application before the deadline and upload documents as required:
(1) Passport photo taken within 6 months;
(2) Notarized highest educational degree or diploma certificate;
If the applicant has not obtained the degree yet, then should provide original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 31st, 2021. This letter should be issued by the student’s current school.
(3) Complete highest educational transcript;
(4) Recommendation letters;
Applicants for master’s and doctoral programs shall submit two recommendation letters signed by associate professors or professors or people with relevant academic title in related academic fields.
(5) A Study Plan or Research Proposal;
A minimum of 200 words for bachelor’s program applicants, 800 words for master’s and doctoral program applicants.
(6) Valid language certificate;
(7) First page of applicant’s personal passport;
Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of personal passport with validity later than March 1, 2022. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of SWUFE, they may submit scanned copy of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, gender, nationality, date of birth” and other information.
(8) Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(9) Non-Criminal Record
Applicants shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. If applicants could not get the record from local public security authority, then shall sign the Commitment Letter of Non-Criminal Record and upload it in the application system instead of Non-Criminal Record.
SWUFE International Students Admission Office
Tel：+86 28 8735 5437，
Fax：+86 28 8735 5437