Jilin University is a national key comprehensive university under the direct administration of Ministry of Education in China, located in Changchun, Jilin Province. It was founded in 1946. In 1995, approved by State Education Commission of China, it was granted as one of the first “Project 211” universities; In 2001, Jilin University was listed as one of “Project 985” key construction universities; In 2004, it was approved as one of the universities under direct administration of the Ministry of Education of China; In 2017, it was rated as one of the universities for building world-class universities in the “Double World-class Initiative.
For all 2021 Postgraduate programs at JLU please refer to; 2021-2022 Jilin University (JLU)-Postgraduate programs for International Students
Jilin University offers a wide range of disciplines, including 52 colleges or schools, covering 12 academic categories, namely, philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, agriculture, medical science, management, and art. There are 17 disciplinary fields in the top 1% of the ESI global rankings，and 2 of them are ranked in the top 1%.There are 6,664 faculty members in total, among which there are 1,978 professors. There are 6 campuses, 7 school areas in our university. With colorful campus life, various activities such as International Cultural Festivals, Cultural and Art Performances, Sports Meetings, Cultural Experience Projects and Social Practice Activities are very popular among international students.
Changchun is the capital city of Jilin Province, Changchun is known as China's “City of Automobiles”, “City of Forest”, “City of University” and is honored as “Spring City”. Changchun has four distinct seasons, fresh air and comfortable climate. It has been selected as one of “China's Happiest Cities” for ten consecutive years.
As one of the “transportation hub” cities in China, Changchun enjoys convenient transportation, the direct flight from Changchun to Beijing takes only 2 hours, and the high-speed rail takes 6 hours. The urban rail transit is convenient.
1 .Registration Time and Deadline
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
Application Time: January 15, 2021
2. Scholarship Programs Ph.D. Students of JLU
Application time is expected to be June 2021
- Master's Degree 2-3 years
- Doctoral Degree 3 years
Note: For Chinese government scholarship applicants for Chinese-taught programs, before entering major studies, the university may add one year of Chinese study according to the applicant's Chinese proficiency.
3. Scholarship Content
1. Chinese Government Scholarship program
(1) Cover Application Fee, Tuition Fee
(2) Provide Living Allowance
(3) Provide Accommodation Fee
In principle, students must live in dormitories. Accommodation of the international students shall be arranged by the university in the first year. From second year, the accommodation fee will be sent to international students themselves by the university at the following rates: Master's degree students: 700 RMB/month, Doctoral degree students: 1,000 RMB/month, if there is excess will be borne by the student.
(4) Provide Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Package 800 for International students provide for Chinese Government Scholarship students. Please visit http://en.lxbx.net/#slide1 and query insurance content and claims procedures.
(5)International Travel Expenses Shall be paid by the students themselves
2. Scholarship Programs Ph.D. Students of JLU
The scholarship funding standards are implemented in accordance with the Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
4 .Applicants Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health ;
2. Applicants for Master's degree studies must hold a Bachelor's degree and be not older than 35;
Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must hold a Master's degree and be not older than 40;
3. Applicants who want to apply for Chinese-taught program, Chinese proficiency requirements must be above the international Chinese proficiency standard (HSK level 4≥180 points);
4. Non-other scholarship recipients.
1. Applicants are required to log on APPLICATION ONLINE system of Jilin University to register and fill in the form，download and print Application Form for Foreign Students to Jilin University with signature.
Jilin University registration website: http://apply.jlu.edu.cn
2. Applicants are required to log on APPLICATION ONLINE system of CSC to register and fill in the form，download and print Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature(Project type is B; Agency Number is 10183).
CSC registration website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
3. All application materials must be submitted in two paper versions and mailed to College of International Education of Jilin University before April 23, 2021.
1. Please note the duration of scholarships, specified at the time of admission, shall NOT be extended.
2. Please keep the applied major same between above two websites.
3. All scholarship students are required to participate in the Annual Review after entering the university, and the results of the review will be used to confirm whether the scholarship will be funded, suspended or cancelled for the next academic year.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Application Form for Foreign Students to Jilin University
3. Notarized English translate version photocopy of Highest Diploma (Graduation certificate or Degree certificate)
If applicants are university students should also provide Pre-graduation certificate by current university and re-submit the graduation certificate or diploma before June 30, 2021.
4. Transcripts of all courses at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. A Study or Research Plan
This study or research plan should be in Chinese or English, not less than 2000 words. The content should include the following aspects: Why choose China or Jilin University to study; The basic knowledge reserve of the applied major; The existing research results in the applied professional field; Academic expertise or advantages of applied major; Research directions that are interested in applied major; Personal future academic or work plans.
Two letters of recommendation required. The recommendations should be in Chinese or English by experts with a professional title of Full Professor or Associate Professors, must have signature, contact email address and phone number of issuer.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English or Chinese. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants will be considered invalid. The medical examination results will be valid only for 6 months.
8. Certification of Non-Criminal Record
If applicants from individual countries cannot provide it, please contact our university to sign the No Criminal Record Commitment.
9. Language Level Certificate
Applicants who want to apply for English-taught program must provide English level certificate (Internationally accepted). Applicants who want to apply for Chinese-taught program, Chinese proficiency requirements must be above the international Chinese proficiency standard (HSK level 4≥180 points), and provide the copy of HSK certificate. The certificate will be valid only for 2 years.10. Resume
Please fill in item by item according to the template, without missing items or concealment. Resume template download address: http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/cyxz/zgzfjxjszq.htm
Abstract of graduation thesis from the previous study stage and introduction of the instructor; copy of the cover, catalog and thesis page of published thesis; certificate of invention, patent and other supporting materials.
12. Copy of Passport Information Page
1. Be sure to choose the majors covered by the scholarship program to apply.
If filled inaccurate major information, it will be deemed to be abandoned;
2. Please download Application Materials List of Postgraduate Scholarship, download address: http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/cyxz/zgzfjxjszq.htm. Unclear or incomplete application materials will not be accepted;
3. Once the application materials are submitted, will not be returned.
7. Admission and Enrollment
1. After reviewing materials, all applicants will be arranged video or telephone interviews, special majors will arrange online written examinations. Applicants should accurately fill in their email address, telephone number and address. During the admission period, applicants must reply to our university’s emails in time. Applicants who fail to respond to the emails in time or fail to take the written test or interview within the specified time are deemed to have given up.
2. Once admitted, students are not allowed to change their study major, study period and teaching language.
3. The admission result is expected to be announced before August 15, 2021. Please log on to the website of College of International Education of Jilin University for inquiries ：http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/Home/Home.htm
4. University will mail the Admission Notice and the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW201 and JW202) to the admitted students according to the mailing address applicants filled in the Application Form for Foreign Students to Jilin University. Our university is not responsible for the failure to receive admission materials. University will not register for non-study visa holders.
5. Admitted students should register strictly in accordance with the time and place specified in the Admission Notice, usually in the beginning of September. Those who are unable to report to JLU on time due to some reasons should submit application in written form and supporting documents to the College of International Education for deferment of registration, which is to be approved by the College of International Education. Normally the registration can be postponed for up to four weeks. Those who do not report to JLU on time without prior notification, those whose application for deferment is not approved, and those who are approved to postpone the registration but fail to report to JLU within four weeks after deadline of registration are deemed as waiving their admission and scholarship qualification unless their absence is due to force majeure.
Admissions Department for International Students, College of International Education, Jilin University
Address: Room 216, Youyi Guesthouse of Jilin University, No.1505 Xiuzheng Road, Changchun, Jilin Province, China