Jilin University is a national key comprehensive university under the direct administration of Ministry of Education in China, located in Changchun, Jilin Province. Jilin University offers a wide range of disciplines, including 52 colleges or schools, covering 12 academic categories, namely, philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, agriculture, medical science, management, and art.
Information for Undergraduate Programs
There are 105 undergraduate Chinese-taught programs and 4 undergraduate English-taught programs are available for international students. Please refer to the catalogue for International Students----It will be updated regularly according to the school's catalogue http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/info/1100/1962.htm.
Featured programs for international students:
1. The programs of School of International Chinese Language Education--Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, Chinese Language.
2. The program of College of Humanities--Chinese Language and Literature.
3. The program of School of Business--Marketing.
4. The program of School of International and Public Affairs--Diplomacy.
1. The program of School of Law--Law.
2. The program of College of Automotive Engineering--Vehicle Engineering.
3. The program of Norman Bethune Health Science Center--MBBS.
4. The program of School of Nursing--Nursing.
Application deadline for the fall semester: June 30, 2021.
Applicants must complete online registration before the deadline, and the university will feedback the admission results within 10 business days.
Online application system: http://apply.jlu.edu.cn
1. Application Fee: RMB 600
Note: To find the tuition, language of instruction and other information of a specific program, please refer to the catalogue for international students.
3. Bank Account: RMB / Foreign Currency Account
Beneficiary's Name: Jilin University
BENEFICIARY'S A/C NO: 160402501175
Name of the Bank: BANK OF CHINA, JILIN BRANCH, QIANJIN STREET SUB-BRANCH NO.2426 QIANJIN STREET, CHANGCHUN CITY, CHINA
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ840
Address: No.2426, Qianjin Road, Changchun, China 130012
Note: “Application fee or Tuition fee and applicant's name" must be filled in the remark column of the remittance bill.
1. The applicant is a non-Chinese citizen holding a valid foreign passport.
2. 18-30 years old, have graduated from high school, in good health.
3. For Chinese-taught programs, The language proficiency requires HSK Level 4≥180.
The Chinese-taught Clinical Medicine Program requires HSK level 5 with a score of 180 or above; high school biology and chemistry with a score of 90 or above (or A), and other courses with a score of 80 (or B) or above , and pass an interview organized by the college.
The Chinese-taught Diplomacy Program requires HSK level 5 with a score of 180 or above; TOEFL 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), 79 (IBT) or IELTS 6.0 or above.
4. For English-taught programs, The language proficiency requires TOEFL≥70 or IELTS≥6.0 or other English proficiency scores.
Step One. Applicants should log in to the Jilin University International Student Online Application System (website:http://apply.jlu.edu.cn) within the specified time, register and fill in the application information, upload the required documents and submit the application.
Step Two. After the academic review, pay the application fee to the Online Application System. If one fails to make the online payment, then one MUST pay the application fee to the University’s Bank Account, and upload the remittance letter to the System.
1. Passport personal information page.
2. Senior high school diploma (original copy or notarized copy). Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificate, after being admitted, the original must be submitted.
3. Transcript for all the courses in senior high school (original copy or notarized copy).
4. HSK certificate (for Chinese-taught program applicants), after being admitted, the original must be submitted.
5. TOEFL/IELTS or other score report of English language test (for English-taught program applicants, whose native language is not English), after being admitted, the original need to be submitted.
6. Scanned-copy of award-winning Certificates related to academic courses during your senior high school period. (If any)
7. Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens or one/both of the parents are Chinese should submit (1) current citizenship certificate (2) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30, 2017 to April 30, 2021.
8. Applicants under 18 (by September 1,2021) should submit (1) Letter of Guarantee, the guardian must be an adult living in Changchun (2) notarized Authorization Letter written by parents.
9. Remittance receipt of the application fee. (If any)
The English-taught Clinical Medicine (MBBS). program requires IELTS academic (no less than 6.0 in total and no less than 5.0 in each item), or TOEFL (Internet based test with no less than 70 points and no less than 15 points in each item) or other equivalent proof of English test scores; Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a score of 70 (or C) or above, and pass the interview organized by the college.
1. Application documents in other languages must be translated in Chinese or English and notarized.
2. Application materials and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application in principle.
3. Jilin University may ask the applicants to submit supplementary materials or take a telephone/video interview or written examination if necessary.
Jilin University is a comprehensive university with 7 international student dormitories located in different campuses with 929 rooms and 1671 beds.
Dormitories are fully furnished to meet the needs of international students for study and living.
Considering the major, hobby and other factors of international students, the university arranges roommates for international students. Please refer to the admission information (http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/info/1171/1778.htm) on the website of the College of International Education of Jilin University.
7 Registration: The registration time of fall semester is planned to be September 2-3, 2021.
According to epidemic prevention and control requirements, the exact time will be confirmed on the admission notice. Students should apply for an X1 visa at the Chinese Embassy. Usually a valid passport, admission notice, and JW202 form are needed for the visa application. Please come to Jilin University at the time specified in the notice with the above materials.
International Student Admissions Office of College of International Education, Jilin University
Address: Room 216, Youyi Guesthouse of Jilin University, No.1505 Xiuzheng Road, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
Tel (Chinese/English): +86-431-85166885 /+86-431-85166518
http://www.jlu.edu.cn (Jilin University)
http://cie.jlu.edu.cn (Information Inquiry)
http://apply.jlu.edu.cn (Online Application)