For undergraduate degree programs at JLU please refer to: 2021-2022 Jilin University (JLU)Undergraduate programs for International students
Featured programs for international students (Master degree)
★English-taught programs: School of Economics--International Business, School of Law--International Law, School of International and Public Affairs--International Relations, Northeast Asian Studies College--World Economics, College of Automotive Engineering--Vehicle Engineering, College of Biological and Agricultural Engineering--Bionic Science and Engineering, College of New Energy and Environment--Environmental Science, Faculty of Medical Sciences--Surgery, School of Public Health--Master of Public Health Program.
★Korean-taught programs: College of Foreign Languages--Korean Interpreting, Northeast Asian Studies College--World Economics.
Featured programs for international students (Ph.D. degree) :
- Chinese-taught programs: School of Economics--World Economics, College of Humanities--Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, School of Archaeology--Archaeology, School of Law--International Law.\
- English-taught programs: School of Economics--World Economics, School of International and Public Affairs--International Relations, Northeast Asian Studies College--Regional Economics, College of Automotive Engineering--Vehicle Engineering, College of Materials Science and Engineering--Materials Physics and Chemistry, College of Biological and Agricultural Engineering--Bionic Science and Engineering, College of New Energy and Environment--Environmental Engineering, College of Earth Science--Mineral Resource Prospecting and Exploration, Faculty of Medical Sciences--Internal Medicine.
- Korean-taught programs: Northeast Asian Studies College--World Economics.
2 .Application Time
Application deadline for the fall semester: June 30, 2021.
Applicants must complete online registration before the deadline, and the university will feedback the admission results within 10 business days.
Online application system: http://apply.jlu.edu.cn
1. Application fee: RMB 600
3. Bank Account: RMB / Foreign Currency Account
Beneficiary's Name: Jilin University
BENEFICIARY'S A/C NO: 160402501175
Name of the Bank: BANK OF CHINA, JILIN BRANCH, QIANJIN STREET SUB-BRANCH NO.2426 QIANJIN STREET, CHANGCHUN CITY, CHINA
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ840
Address: No.2426, Qianjin Road, Changchun, China 130012
Note: “Application fee or Tuition fee and applicant's name" must be filled in the remark column of the remittance bill
4 .Admission Requirements
1. The applicant is a non-Chinese citizen holding a valid foreign passport.
2. For Master Degree programs, Applicants must be 18-40 years old in good health, have graduated from bachelor degree.
For Ph.D. Degree programs, Applicants must 18-55 years old in good health, have graduated from master degree.
3. For Chinese-taught programs, The language proficiency requires HSK Level 4≥180.
- Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (Chinese-taught) Master Degree Program requires HSK level 5 with a score of 180 or above.
4. For English-taught programs, The language proficiency requires TOEFL≥70 or IELTS≥6.0 or other English proficiency scores.
5 Application Procedures
Step One. Applicants should log in to the Jilin University International Student Online Application System (website:http://apply.jlu.edu.cn) within the specified time, register and fill in the application information, upload the required documents and submit the application.
Step Two. After the academic review, pay the application fee to the Online Application System. If one fails to make the online payment, then one MUST pay the application fee to the University's Bank Account, and upload the remittance letter to the System.
1. Passport personal information page.
2. Original copy of the graduation certificate or notarized copy--highest stage. The graduates of the current year can provide pre-graduation certificate, after being admitted,the original must be submitted.
3. Notarized or original document of the academic transcripts or international standardization test results--highest stage.
4. HSK certificate (for Chinese-taught program applicants), after being admitted,the original must be submitted.
5. TOEFL/IELTS or other score report of English language test (for English-taught program applicants, whose native language is not English), after being admitted, the original need to be submitted.
6. Scanned-copy of award-winning Certificates related to academic courses duringyour last stage of school period. (If any)
7. Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens or one/both of the parents are Chinese should submit (1) current citizenship certificate (2) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30, 2017 to April 30, 2021.
8. Remittance receipt of the application fee. (If any)
1. Application documents in other languages must be translated in Chinese or English and notarized.
2. Application materials and application fee will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application in principle.
3. Jilin University may ask the applicants to submit supplementary materials or take a telephone/video interview or written examination if necessary.
The registration time of fall semester is planned to be September 2-3, 2021. According to epidemic prevention and control requirements, the exact time will be confirmed on the admission notice. Students should apply for an X1 visa at the Chinese Embassy. Usually a valid passport, admission notice, and JW202 form are needed for the visa application. Please come to Jilin University at the time specified in the notice with the above materials.
8 .Contact Us
International Student Admissions Office of College of International Education, Jilin University
Address: Room 216, Youyi Guesthouse of Jilin University, No.1505 Xiuzheng Road, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
Post Code: 130012
Tel (Chinese/English): +86-431-85166885 /+86-431-85166518
http://www.jlu.edu.cn (Jilin University)
http://cie.jlu.edu.cn (Information Inquiry)
http://apply.jlu.edu.cn (Online Application)