Hainan University is the national demonstration base for international students’study in China, the Chinese Language Education Base authorized by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, and the HSK test Center (Chinese Proficiency Test). The teachers in the School of International Education, Hainan University are friendly, responsible and experienced. At present, there are 6 different levels (A-F) for Chinese Language and Culture program learners according to their Chinese proficiency. The average number of students per class of this program is about twenty. The School aims at not only improving the students’ language ability but also deepening their understanding of Chinese culture and enhancing their capacity of the practical use of Chinese language by organizing enjoyable activities and various competitions, to help create a better study environment for international students. Students who have good class attendance and pass the final examination shall be awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
Teaching arrangement and Curriculum
Note: Affected by the COVID -19 epidemics, the way of teaching is online teaching.
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizen in good health, between 18 and 60 years old; Be capable of living independently and well-behaved , fulfill all the conditions of Chinese Entry-exit, observe Chinese laws and university’s regulations, and respect Chinese culture and customs.
Fall semester: From March 1st to June 30th 2021 (Semester starts from the beginning of September 2021)
Spring semester: From October 15th to December 31st 2021(Semester starts from the beginning of March 2022)
Applicants should register and complete the online application system at https://hainu.17gz.org/, upload the required materials below and pay the application fee (can be paid online) before the application deadline.
(1) Valid Passport Copy (the expiry date of the passport should be more than 1 year);
(2) Highest academic diploma and transcript（in Chinese or English);
(3) The Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
(4) The Certificate of Non-Criminal Record;
(5) Bank Statement (30,000 yuan/RMB for one semester and 50,000 yuan/RMB for one academic year).
(6) If the applicant is an international student in China, a valid Visa or study type residence permit and an official study proof such as the "Certificate of End of Study" or "Transfer Certificate" issued by the aforementioned school/ University must be submitted with the application. If the applicant is employed, an official employment proof must be submitted.
● The applicant should affirm that all the information and documents provided are true and correct. Any conduct of falsification, fraud will result in cancellation of your admission qualification.
● Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable.
● Incomplete application documents will delay the process of your application.
● If the applicant's visa or residence permit has expired or is about to expire, the application will not be accepted.
Hainan University will check the application and apply the Visa Application Form (JW202) for the qualified applicants. After approval of application, the admission package enclosing the Letter of Admission and the original JW202 will be sent to successful applicants.
Admitted students should bring their passport, Letter of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their country to apply for Student (X1 or X2) visa, and register at Hainan University within the registration period mentioned in the Letter of Admission with those documents.
Fees and Payment
1. Application fee: 400 Yuan（Application fee should be paid when you submit your application materials; it is non-refundable.）
2.Tuition fee of Chinese Language and Culture program:
16,100 yuan/academic year.
Hainan University provides preferential tuition fee for the offspring of overseas Hainanese, who only pay 50% of the tuition fee. For exchange students of this program , the fee is based on the agreement between Universities.
3. Accommodation fee on campus.
4. Textbook fee: It is subject to the actual price of the textbooks.
5. Insurance: 800RMB/year; 560RMB/semester.
All international students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students on the day of registration. Students who do not have valid medical insurance will not be allowed to register.
6. Health Check: Around 500 Yuan.
7. Cost of meals on campus: About 1500 Yuan/month(only for reference).
8. How to pay the application and tuition fee:
(1). By online payment;
(2).By card to the appointed faculty office (only the card with Unionpay);
(3).By transfer(only for the transfer within China).
T he bank account information is as follows:
Name: Hainan University
Account Bank: The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,Hainan Provincial Branch, Haida Sub-branch
Account Number: 2201029429200051678
Note: Please note your name and passport number on the receipt when transferring. After you fulfill the payment, please keep the receipt and show it to the cashier.
For Chinese Language and Culture program, Hainan University provides excellent students with Chinese Government Scholarship（Bilateral Program), International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship, Hainan Provincial Overseas Chinese Teachers Scholarship, etc. Prospective students and scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply for scholarship to study Chinese Language and Culture at Hainan University. With regard to specific information about the Scholarship application, please check the Application Guide for those Scholarship Programs.