HNU 2021 Graduate programs for International Students
Hainan University is the national demonstration base for international students’ study in China, the Chinese Language Education Base authorized by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, and the HSK test Center (Chinese Proficiency Test). Hainan University is one of the Universities listed in the national plan for establishing world-class disciplines. The University has built a "Bachelor - Master - Ph.D" international student education and training system. Hainan University offers graduate programs including the 4-year Ph.D program and 3-year Master program for international students. Students will be awarded graduation certificates and doctor degrees/master degrees upon completing the amount of credits stipulated in their teaching plans within the prescribed period of schooling, as well as completing and passing the defense of their thesis.
The Major list of all Ph.d Programs
- Crop Science
- Information and communication Engineering
- Food Science and Engineering
- Network and Information Security
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Material science and Engineering
- Business Administration
The major list of all Masters programs
- Crop Science
- Animal Husbandry
- Plant Protection
- Aquatic Science
- Landscape architecture
- Agriculture Resource and Environment
- Veterinary Science
- Political Theory
- Information Communication and Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Food science and Engineering
- Agriculture Mechanization Engineering
- Cyber space Security
- Computer Science and Technology
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Agriculture and Forest Economics and Management
- Public Management
- Management Science Engineering
- Enterprise Management
- Tourism Management
- Applied Economics
- World Economy
- Political Economics
- International Business
- Halo biology
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid foreign passports. Those who once held Chinese nationality and then were naturalized as a foreign national or whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall hold valid foreign passport or certificate of nationality for no less than 4 years and have the record of having lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the recent 4 years (as of April 30th of the entry academic year).
2. Applicants for master programs must complete their undergraduate studies and obtain a bachelor degree diploma or equivalent; Applicants for Ph.D programs must complete their graduate studies and obtain a Master degree diploma or equivalent.
3. Applicants should be between 18 and 45 years old, in good health, well-behaved and capable of living independently, fulfill all the conditions of Chinese Entry-exit, observe Chinese laws and university's regulations, and respect Chinese culture and customs.
4. Applicants for Chinese taught programs should be capable of studying courses in Chinese and obtain HSK level 4 (or above) certificate when applying. Applicants from non-English speaking countries for English taught programs should be capable of studying courses in English and obtain a IELTS 6.0, or TOEFL 560, TOEFL iBT 78 certificate.
Application Deadline; From March 1st to June 30th 2021.
Semester starts from the beginning of September 2021,
specified in the Letter of Admission
Applicants should register and complete the online application system at https://hainu.17gz.org/, upload the required materials below and pay the application fee (can be paid online) before the application deadline.
(1) Valid Passport Copy (the expiry date of the passport should be more than 1 year);
(2) Notarized certificate of the Highest Academic Diploma in Chinese or English.; Bachelor's degree certificate is required when applying for Master programs;
Master's degree certificate is required when applying for Ph.D programs.
If applicants have not graduated yet, they must provide an official Pre-Graduation Certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission.
(3) Academic transcripts during the whole study period（written in Chinese or English).Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translation;
(4) Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors;
(5) Proof of Chinese or English proficiency. A valid HSK certificate (Applicants for Chinese-taught programs), or a valid IELTS or TOEFL certificate (Applicants for English-taught programs) ;
(6) A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English (about 1000words for Master program and 1500 words For Ph.D Program);
(7) Copies of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
(8) Certificate of Non-Criminal Record;
(9) Bank Statement (50,000 yuan/RMB for one academic year);
(10) If the applicant is an international student in China, a valid Visa or study type residence permit and an official study proof such as the "Certificate of End of Study" or "Transfer Certificate" issued by the aforementioned school/ University must be submitted with the application. If the applicant is employed, an official employment proof must be submitted;
(11) If one or both parents of the applicants are Chinese citizens, or applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate of living abroad and the entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant's passport during the recent 4 years should be provided.
● The applicant should affirm that all the information and documents provided are true and correct. Any conduct of falsification, fraud will result in cancellation of your admission qualification.
● Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable.
● Incomplete application documents will delay the process of your application.
● If the applicant's visa or residence permit has expired or is about to expire, the application will not be accepted.
Hainan University will check the application and apply the Visa Application Form (JW202) for the qualified applicants. After approval of application, the admission package enclosing the Letter of Admission and the original JW202 will be sent to successful applicants. Due to limited enrollments of scholarship, applicants who meet admission requirements but fail to obtain the scholarship can be preferentially admitted if the applicants agree to be admitted as self-funded graduate students.
Admitted students should bring their passport, Letter of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their country to apply for Student (X1) visa, and register at Hainan University within the registration period mentioned in the Letter of Admission with those documents.Applicants with Pre-graduation certificate must submit their bachelor or master diplomas to the International Admission and Cooperation Office on or before the registration day, otherwise the admission qualification will be revoked.
Fees and Payment
1. Application fee: 400 Yuan/RMB（Application fee should be paid when you submit your application materials; it is non-refundable.）
2. Tuition fee
3. Accommodation fee on campus
5. Insurance: 800RMB/year; 560RMB/semester.
All international students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students on the day of registration. Students who do not have valid medical insurance will not be allowed to register.
6. Health Check: Around 500 Yuan.
7. Cost of meals on campus: About 1500 Yuan/month(only for reference).
8. How to pay the application and tuition fee:
(1). By online payment;
(2).By card to the appointed faculty office (only the card with Unionpay);
(3).By transfer(only for the transfer within China).
The bank account information is as follows:
Name: Hainan University
Account Bank: The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,Hainan Provincial Branch, Haida Sub-branch
Note: Please note your name and passport number on the receipt when transferring. After you fulfill the payment, please keep the receipt and show it to the cashier.
For Graduate programs, Hainan University provides excellent students with Chinese Government Scholarship and Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship. Prospective students and scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply for scholarship to study at Hainan University.