HNU 2021-2022 Undergraduate Program for International Students
Hainan University is the national demonstration base for international students study in China, the Chinese Language Education Base authorized by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, and the HSK test Center (Chinese Proficiency Test). Hainan University is one of the Universities listed in the national plan for establishing world-class disciplines. The University has built a "Bachelor - Master - PhD" international student education and training system. Hainan University offers undergraduate program for international prospective students. International undergraduates will undertake a 4-year full-time academic program with courses taught in Chinese. Undergraduates will be awarded graduation certificates and bachelor's degrees upon completing the amount of credits stipulated in their teaching plans within the prescribed period of schooling, as well as completing and passing the defense of their thesis.
The Major List of Undergraduate Program
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizen, those who once held Chinese nationality and then were naturalized as a foreign national or whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall hold valid foreign passport or certificate of nationality for no less than 4 years and have the record of having lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the recent 4 years (as of April 30th of the entry academic year).
2. Applicants for undergraduate programs must complete their high school studies and obtain a high school or equivalent.
3. Applicants should be between 18 and 45 years old, in good health, well-behaved and capable of living independently, fulfill all the conditions of Chinese Entry-exit, observe Chinese laws and university’s regulations, and respect Chinese culture and customs.
4. Applicants should be capable of studying courses in Chinese and obtain HSK level 4 (or above) certificate when applying.
Application Deadline ;From March 1st to June 30th 2021.
Semester starts from the beginning of September 2021, specified in the Letter of Admission
Applicants should register and complete the online application system at https://hainu.17gz.org/, upload the required materials below and pay the application fee (can be paid online) before the application deadline.
(1) Valid Passport Copy (the expiry date of the passport should be more than 1 year);
(2) Notarized certificate of the high school diploma in Chinese or English. If applicants are high school students, they must provide an official Pre-Graduation Certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission;
(3) Notarized copy of transcript of all the courses in high school. The transcripts which are not in English or Chinese version should be translated into English or Chinese version and also be notarized;
(4) Two Recommendation Letters written in Chinese or English (at least one from the teacher in the high school) ;
(5) Proof of Chinese proficiency (A valid HSK certificate or other certificates)
(6) Copies of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
(7) Certificate of Non-Criminal Record;
(8) Bank Statement (50,000 yuan/RMB for one academic year);
(9) If the applicant is an international student in China, a valid Visa or study type residence permit and an official study proof such as the "Certificate of End of Study" or "Transfer Certificate" issued by the aforementioned school/ University must be submitted with the application. If the applicant is employed, an official employment proof must be submitted;
(10) If one or both parents of the applicants are Chinese citizens, or applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and obtained foreign nationalities afterward, a certificate of living abroad and the entry and exit seal page of visiting China on the applicant’s passport during the recent 4 years should be provided.
● The applicant should affirm that all the information and documents provided are true and correct. Any conduct of falsification, fraud will result in cancellation of your admission qualification.
● Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable.
● Incomplete application documents will delay the process of your application.
● If the applicant's visa or residence permit has expired or is about to expire, the application will not be accepted.
Hainan University will check the application and apply the Visa Application Form (JW202) for the qualified applicants. After approval of application, the admission package enclosing the Letter of Admission and the original JW202 will be sent to successful applicants. Due to limited enrollments of scholarship, applicants who meet admission requirements but fail to obtain the scholarship can be preferentially admitted if the applicants agree to be admitted as self-funded undergraduate students.
Admitted students should bring their passport, Letter of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their country to apply for Student (X1) visa, and register at Hainan University within the registration period mentioned in the Letter of Admission with those documents.Applicants with high school Pre-graduation certificate must submit high school diplomas to the International Admission and Cooperation Office on or before the registration day, otherwise the admission qualification will be revoked.
1. Application fee: 400 Yuan/RMB（Application fee should be paid when you submit your application materials; it is non-refundable.）
2.Tuition fee of Undergraduate Program:
Humanities Subjects: 18,400 yuan/academic year;
Science Subjects: 20,700yuan /academic year
Hainan University provides preferential tuition fee for the offspring of overseas Hainanese, this kind of international students only pay the same tuition fee as Chinese students do.
3. Accommodation fee on campus
5. Insurance: 800RMB/year; 560RMB/semester.
All international students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students on the day of registration. Students who do not have valid medical insurance will not be allowed to register.
6. Health Check: Around 500 Yuan.
7. Cost of meals on campus: About 1500 Yuan/month(only for reference).
8. How to pay the application and tuition fee:
(1). By online payment;
(2).By card to the appointed faculty office (only the card with Unionpay);
(3).By transfer(only for the transfer within China).
The bank account information is as follows:
Name: Hainan University
Account Bank: The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,Hainan Provincial Branch, Haida Sub-branch
Note: Please note your name and passport number on the receipt when
transferring. After you fulfill the payment, please keep the receipt and show it to the cashier.
For Graduate programs, Hainan University provides excellent students with Chinese Government Scholarship and Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship. Prospective students and scholars from all over the world are welcome to apply for scholarship to study at Hainan University.