Finance （International Finance）
- In 2003, Finance major became a key major in Zhejiang Province
- In 2009, it became the key research base of Humanities and Social Sciences (Finance) in colleges and universities of Zhejiang Province.
- In 2012, Finance was approved as an advantageous major in Zhejiang Province.
- In 2015, the Finance major was awarded the first class discipline in Zhejiang Province.
- In 2016, won the 13th Five Year Plan advantage major of Zhejiang Province (Finance).
- In 2017, the first level discipline of applied economics entered the B + category, ranking in the top 10% - 20%.
- In 2019, the Finance major was selected as the National First-class Undergraduate Major Construction Site.
This program is designed to equip students with fundamental finance theories, research methods and applicable skills, and with the ability to address practical problems with solid computer programming skill. Students are expected to be qualified for positions of research and management in firms, bank, securities, insurance, and other institutions. Students are also encouraged to know more about Chinese political system, economic structure, and culture so that they can participate in and contribute to exchanges and cooperation between China and their own countries.
Students of this program mainly acquire introductory theories, research methods related to finance. They will be provided with good computer programming trainings and will have the abilities to conduct research , and provide pragmatic proposals in modern finance fields.
Please check also Zhejiang Gongshang University (ZJSU)- Key majors E-commerce!
Upon graduation, students are expected:
•To have a sound knowledge in mathematics, economics and finance;
• To have the ability to program with some popular languages (e.g., C++, Python) and to have preliminary ability in designing and analyzing algorithms;
• To address pragmatic problems related to finance with theories, methods and skills acquired from this program;
• To understand finance theories, and the latest developments in technology and applications in finance, and to have the learning capacity to adapt to fast changes in financial world;
• To have the corresponding comprehensive application ability; master the basic methods of literature retrieval and data query.
Skills-Related Courses: Basic Chinese，Advanced Spoken Chinese， Applied Chinese Translation，Introduction to China，Advanced Office Application Software，etc.
Compulsory Courses: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Money and Banking, Principle of Management, Accounting etc.
Core Courses: Corporate Finance, Financial Management, Investment, Financial Market and Institutions, Commercial Banking Management, International Finance, International Settlement etc.
Elective Courses: Personal Finance, Commercial Law, Financial Report, Taxation, Innovation Management, Business Chinese, Performance Management etc.
Visit now Zhejiang Gongshang University (ZJSU)- Apply Scholarships and costs for Scholarships available in 2021 For international students
Length of Schooling ; Four years in general and six years at most.
Internship and Practical Training
Including social practice, financial simulation transaction, graduation thesis, etc. School of Finance has scientific research cooperation with Hangzhou Central Branch of the People's Bank of China, strategic cooperation and practice base with CITIC Securities and Bank of Hangzhou.
Those who finish all the courses and successfully graduated students will be conferred Bachelor of Economics.
There are 50 qualified and competent faculty members in School of Finance. The academic staffs have a wide range of research interests and have been involved in several major research projects sponsored by national government. More than 90 percent of teachers hold doctorate degrees and more than 50 percent of faculties have the oversea studying or working experience. There are five doctoral supervisors;15 professors; 13 associate professors, including 7 second level selected candidates of Zhejiang Province "151 Talents Project"; 3 Zhejiang young discipline leaders.