Master: World Economics, International Business
Doctor: World Economics
Three years for Master of World Economy
Two years for Master of International Business
Three to six years for doctor's degree
Master/Doctor of EconomicsEnrollment Quota30 for master program
Qualifications for the degree
1. The students have to meet the school's cultivation objectives' requirements, and acquire all the required knowledge and ability according to the curriculum.
2. The students have to complete all the courses required by the curriculum, pass all the exams and finish the graduate internship with the credit granted.
Teaching MethodsTeaching Language: English
Core Courses for master degree students:
Core Courses for doctor degree students:
Our graduates are expected to work in the following institutions: Multinational companies, financial organizations, foreign trade companies, large and medium-sized enterprises, and wholly foreign-owned enterprises. We will recommend honored students with excellent score to the internship of relative companies.
1. Application fee: 600 RMB (Note: The application fee is not refundable. )
2. Tuition fee : 25000 RMB / year
3. Accommodation fee:
Jilin University provides dormitory for international students in each campus.
Single room: 30-50 RMB /person/day
Double room: 25-45 RMB /person/day
4. Food Expense: about 40-80 RMB/person/dayHow to apply1. Application Requirements
1) The applicants should be Non-Chinese citizens and hold a valid passport, he or she should be in good health and has no criminal record, and willing to abide by the law of the People's Republic of China and the regulations of Jilin University.
2) Applicants for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 40; applicants for a doctor degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 55.
3) Students from countries where English is the official language or students with English listening and speaking skills.
2. Application Procedures
Please login on http://apply.jlu.edu.cn to complete the application.
Apply Online→Pay Application Fee→
Receive Admission Notice→Apply for Visa→Register
International Student Admissions Office of College of International Education, Jilin University
Address: Room 216, Youyi Guesthouse, No.1505 Xiuzheng Road, Changchun, Jilin Province, China
Tel (Chinese/English): +86-431-85166885 /+86-431-85166518
http://www.jlu.edu.cn (Jilin University)
http://cie.jlu.edu.cn (Information Inquiry)
http://apply.jlu.edu.cn (Online Application)
Introduction and history of the School of Economics
The history of the School of Economics of Jilin University can trace back to the economics department set by the School of Social Science of Harbin University which was the predecessor of Jilin University in 1946 (October, 1946), the subject of economics of Northeastern School of Administration (August, 1949) and the subject of economics of Northeastern People's University (March, 1951). In November of 1985, the School of Economics and Management of Jilin University was established with the approval of the original Education Committee of the PRC. In May of 2001, the New Jilin University went through an adjustment of schools and departments, in which Economics School was established by integrating the economics subjects of other universities on the basis of the School of Economics and Management of original Jilin University. After a long period of construction and development, the Economics School of Jilin University has achieved striking success in the areas such as discipline and subject construction, faculty building, talents cultivation and scientific research.
The Economics School now offers four undergraduate majors, namely, economics, international economy and trade, public finance (including taxation) and finance (including insurance); offers 14 academic master degree programs, namely, political economy, world economy, western economics, economic history, history of economic thought, national economics, industrial economics, finance, international trade, public finance, accounting, management, institutional economics and law and economics; offers 5 professional master degree programs, including taxation master, finance master, international business master, project management master and industrial engineering master; offers 8 doctoral degree programs, which are political economy, world economy, western economics, institutional economics, law and economics, history of economic thought, finance and industrial economics and sets a center for post-doctoral studies of theoretical economics.
In 1994 and 2002, the political economy major and the world economy major were respectively rated as key subjects of regular higher education of Jilin Province. In 1998, the Economics School set up a "National Cultivation Base of Economics Talents" with the approval of the Ministry of Education. In 2000, the theoretical economics won the authority to confer doctoral degree of first-level discipline with the approval of the Academic Degree Commission of the State Council. In the same year, the "China Center for Public Sector Economy Research” became a national key research base for humanistic and social sciences approved by the Ministry of Education.